||Becoming a member of Omagh Credit Union Ltd.
- Membership of Omagh Credit Union is open to anyone who lives within the Common Bond Area within six miles of Omagh
- Applicants cannot become members immediately until they attend an interview and evidence of identity and current address are verified and approved by the membership officer
- It is necessary to complete a membership form which can be obtained at the credit union
- Once the membership form is completed and proof of identity and address sought then the applicant must contact Omagh Credit Union office to arrange an interview which will explain the workings of Omagh Credit Union(approx 10 mins)
- Bring to the interview the completed membership forms and evidence of identity and address(see below)
- The applicant will receive a letter of acceptance normally within approx two weeks if everything is in order and this letter needs to be brought into the office to open an account with £1.00 entrance fee and a minimum of £5.00 to open an account
The law prohibits the credit union from opening an account for a new member unless satisfactory proof of identity and appropriate address verification documents are produced. (See list below)
To establish identity, must be up to date Photo ID
For address verification (must be dated within the last three months and the following are ONLY acceptable)
- CURRENT DRIVING LICENCE OR CURRENT VALID PASSPORT
- CURRENT WORKS/BUS PASS
- STUDENT CARD
- ELECTORAL CARD
- BIRTH CERTIFICATE (FOR MINOR)
All members are encouraged to complete a Nomination of Beneficiary form. Click here to find out more.
- UTILITY BILL (Electricity bill, landline phone bill, rates bill, tenancy agreement, housing benefit award letter, inland revenue letter)
- BANK/BUILDING SOCIETY/CREDIT CARD STATEMENT
- OFFICIAL DOCUMENT FROM A GOVERNMENT BODY
- LOCAL AUTHORITY LETTER
Becoming a member of Omagh Credit Union Ltd.
Persons from birth to age 16 years are permitted to save. On their sixteenth birthday, junior members are transferred automatically to adult membership but cannot be considered for a loan until they attain the age of eighteen years. Another case of the credit Union movement looking after everyone in its bond area.
All profits accumulating from funds in the Minor Deposit Section will be credited to each account as Annual Dividend.
Withdrawals can only be made from Minor Deposit on the written approval of parent or guardian. (Both parent and child signature required if child is 7yrs or over).
Operating school savings scheme in 10 schools in the Omagh Area. Contact the office for further information if you wish to avail of this service